Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Get In My Belly!


0915122231 photo 0915122231.jpg

I've been remiss about posting. I'll soon remedy that. I have dozens of cakes to post, but I'll get there.

This one was for a baby shower. As if it wasn't hopefully readily apparent. They were looking for an idea for a baby shower cake and I've always wanted to do one like this. To be honest, I really want to do one like this for someone with a sense of humor as warped as mine and make the dress one that has a slightly plunging neckline. Then, just before folding the upper part of the dress up, add nipples to the breast and write "Got milk?" under the dress's material so it is covered up. Then, if someone gets curious, they get a surprise and everyone else gets a good laugh. hopefully, someone will ask for that cake now that I've put the idea out there. But I digress.

This one was white cake with buttercream which was then covered with marshmallow fondant. The belly was about two and a half layers of cake and the boobs were probably just under two layers so that the belly would stick out more. The customer picked the colors of the dress and wanted the colored polka dots. Honestly, when I got the dress color on, I liked the way it looked so much that I almost waited until I delivered the cake to put on the polka dots to see if they really wanted them. You run the risk of the fondant hardening if you do that and the dots would not have looked right, so I just finished it the way they wanted before I delivered. I wish I had at least thought to take a picture without the polka dots, but I didn't. Oh well.

0915122232 photo 0915122232.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment