Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scooby!

0929121238 photo 0929121238.jpg

I got a text asking if I could to a Scooby cake. Then they sent pictures of what they had in mind. The idea was a standing Scooby, which was cute, but would have taken forever to do and cost quite a bit. Since the kid in question simply wanted a Scooby cake done by me, we went the cheap route. I did a buttercream transfer for the image, then simply iced around the image. Easy, fairly quick, cheap, and the kid was happy. Mission accomplished.

My brother pointed out that I left his dog tag off. I actually knew that. I didn't make the image small enough to include the whole thing, so I just left it off entirely. The original idea I had was to put four of the tags on the sides of the cake, but I ran out of time to do that and the effect was not as complete as I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment