Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cinderella's Castle

I made this one for a neighbor of ours who had a little girl. I offered to do her birthday cake for them and asked what she would like. They came up with the Cinderella idea, and I said that I would do a castle and gave them the task of finding a small Cinderella figure that could be put next to or on the castle. They did find a small figure that I never did get a picture of. I'm sure you know what she looks like. I used a square springform pan that I had to do this one. I baked three layers. There were both chocolate and white layers. The turrets are cake cones on bottom covered with icing with inverted sugar cones on top to provide the points. The draw bridge is a graham cracker. Thank goodness I only had to carry it next door, because I'm not sure the turrets would have survived a car ride without falling off. I only secured them with toothpicks and it was before the time that I started experimenting with cake density where it would have supported such a thing. It worked out and the family was thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment