Friday, July 2, 2010

Lego Indiana Jones




Again, my son selected what he wanted for his birthday cake. This year it was Lego Indiana Jones. My first thought was to make the Lego Indy character by carving a half sheet into his shape. It wouldn't have been too hard. Instead, since we bought him a couple of the small Lego Indiana Jones toys sets, I decided to use them on the cake. The cake is a half sheet, and tow layers. That's a lot of cake. We had plenty left over for me to bring to work after the party. Because this one was pretty heavy, I ended up putting it on the back of a cookie sheet.
I covered the cake with green fondant, then made the road out of brown fondant. I put the toys on top and took a hard look at it. It was a little too plain. I mixed up some buttercream and made the vines and leaves on the sides to add some interest to the sides. It helped a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment