Thursday, July 8, 2010

Diva!

One of the ladies at the office saw the Fab cake and wanted the same basic thing for her daughter's birthday, only larger. This is a half sheet covered with the pink marshmallow fondant. This time the fondant behaved for me. She wanted a microphone and "Diva" written on it instead of her daughter's name. I had some of the sparkly stuff left over, and I thought a little girl would simply love sparkles on her cake. I wrote out the lettering and added the silver beads to the Diva lettering and around the base. I then did the outline of the microphone in black and filled it in with the silver edible glitter and a few more of the silver beads for accent around the mic. She wanted the glitter just like the "Fab" cake, but I was out of the light weight clear glitter. Instead, I dusted the pink fondant with pearl dust. It gives is a real nice shine instead of the sparkle like the glitter gives you. It was taken to the daughter's school, and I'm told the kids and staff loved it. It's always painful not being there for the reveal, because that's one of the best parts of doing cakes for others. I really need to make a background to take pictures against. My kitchen table just isn't a very good backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment