Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pirates!




This one was pretty easy, but turned out cute. We wanted to get our son some pirate figures that he could play with. These are Playmobil toys that I put on a small sheet cake with a couple of rounds that were notched on one side to fit together into something resembling an island. Sand colored icing can be tricky. I should have had a lighter color, but this worked. I kept the icing a little dry for the sand so it would look rough. I used the technique that I used on the Nemo cake where I sprayed water on the blue and then smoothed it out to get some discolorations and depth in the blue icing. The toys were put on top after the cake was completely iced. Writing his name in the sand was a last minute addition that I thought would be cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment