Thursday, July 8, 2010

High School Graduation

I realized upon posting this that I have no idea what high school this logo is for. I asked for the logo and got the image to use as reference. The order was for a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. My kind of order. I love chocolate. I decided to try a chocolate buttercream recipe that I found. It is an interesting recipe since it has all sorts of options written into it. You can vary the amount of cocoa you use to make it darker and give it more flavor. You can also use anything from milk to heavy cream to change the texture and richness. In this case, I used milk and a whole lot of cocoa. This icing is excellent. Probably my favorite so far. I tried it again later with the cream and the reaction everyone had upon first trying it was that eyes rolling in the back of the head look. This recipe is a keeper. It even worked great for piping, which I was worried about. On this cake, the logo was a regular buttercream transfer I did earlier in the week. I was sad that I didn't get to try this one.

I had a little extra icing from this one, which I usuall throw out. In this case, I had to keep it. We're only talking about a 1/4 cup, but I couldn't bear throwing it away. I put it in a dish and stuck it in the fridge. It was gone by the weekend because my mother and I sat and ate if straight out of the dish after lunch on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment