Thursday, July 1, 2010

Monster Cupcakes



I'm not talking about big cupcakes here, but true monsters. Pictured are Frankenstein's monster and a wolfman. I also attempted a vampire, but wasn't real impressed with the results. I'll have to work on that one if I decide to do these again. The pack of ice cream cones I used for these come in green, brown, and pink. I filled them with bake batter and baked the cupcakes inside of them. These are pretty good if you've never had them before. After baking, I added the hair to the tops and then decorated the faces. For Frankenstein's monster (and no, the monster is not called Frankenstein) I used green Jujubes for the neck bolts. I love Jujubes, so it gave me an excuse to buy a box and eat whatever was left over. I bought a big box just so I was sure to have plenty of green ones. I made enough of these for my son's entire class in Kindergarten. The teacher loved them so much that she insisted that my son take one to the principal, who loved it. Transporting these is a challenge though. What I ended up doing was taking a baking dish with high sides and putting a dab of icing on the bottom and sticking the cones to it. Once dry, they were stable enough to transport without too many casualties.

No comments:

Post a Comment